The Monastery Dependency of Flogita dates back to 1311. Until 1924 it operated as a monastery dependency of the Russian monastery, later as annex of the American Red Cross which attended to the refugees of Kalamaria, while during the Nazi Occupation (1944) it was bombed by the Bulgarian conquerors. In the middle of the 1960s a major fire destroyed the building which was dilapidated. In 1999 the City Council of Moudania decided to grant the area to the 10th Ephorate for Byzantine Antiquities in order for the latter to undertake the necessary restoration works and for the building to be utilized as the Center for Byzantine Culture in Halkidiki, “Justinian”, as it was named by the team of archaeologists responsible for the works. The building will house the museum of the monastery dependency. The project is financed by the EU and national resources and its budget is 10 millions Euro.